Blockchain Among Top Future Health Care Technologies
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Goal of health care technology is reduce costs, offer best services
- More hospitals incorporating command centers
- Blockchain seeks to solve issues concerning interoperability
As health care technology continues to advance, health care executives must be aware of technology that can offer the best services to their patients while reducing costs.
An article in Managed Healthcare Executive highlighted various health care technologies and their uses:
- Blockchain and interoperability: The usage of blockchain technology to solve dilemmas concerning information exchange between health care organizations seems like a perfect solution for the industry. Blockchain can create record systems with various locations that can be disseminated with various participants in the health care system. Health care data would be available in an independent database instead of a single, client-server database.A recent report, Global Blockchain Technology Market in the Healthcare Industry, 2018–2022, found that the capabilities of blockchain can provide the auditability and security for health care data that is needed as the industry becomes increasingly digital.
- Artificial intelligence to help scale precision oncology. As part of a precision oncology program conducted by the US Department of Veteran Affairs, artificial intelligence is being explored as a method in which to help interpret cancer data in the treatment of veteran patients.
- Hospitals with command centers: In general, health care command centers include teams of people using AI constantly to support the optimal delivery of patient care to communicate with cross-functional staff within the hospital. GE Healthcare first developed this approach with the Judy Reitz Capacity Command Center at Johns Hopkins, which opened in January 2016. It was followed up by the Quality Command Centre at Humber River Hospital in Toronto, Canada and System Mission Control at Oregon Health Science University, both of which opened in November 2017.